* Pass on Seafood which can be a very costly addition.
* Eliminate some of the choices or menu options for Guests. Stick to Meat, Fish and Vegetarian, with only one choice in each option.
* Revisit the Traditional Expensive Wedding Cake as Dessert and introduce cheaper alternatives such as Cupcakes, Brownies and Cookies.
* Pass on genuine Champagne and opt for a good brand of Sparking Wine.
* Go Ethnic! Foods such as Indian, Mexican or Greek can often be catered for a lower cost.
* Host a Cocktail Wedding Reception rather than a Formal Sit-down Reception. This allows you to avoid serving a multi-Course meal and gives you options to serve cheaper Finger Foods and Appetizers.
* Glam the Greens! A fresh, simple Green Salad is by far one of the most economical Starters you could serve.